Thursday, March 10, 2011

Personal History Quest

I want to help people publish their personal histories.  I would love to sit down with a person, ask them questions about their childhood and beyond, record their answers and memories, then take that recording, transcribe it, collect some pictures and create a nice personal history book for them.  I've thought about this for a while, but don't know how to let people know that I'm available and interested in helping them with it.  I wouldn't be able to do it for free, but I wouldn't charge an exorbitant amount of money.  Just enough to cover the cost of the materials and a little for my time.

Is there a market for this?  Would someone want a personal history book to share with their families?  Would you?  I know I got a book about my Grandma and Grandpa George and I love reading about what they did, when I wasn't around to know them, and to see pictures of my mom when she was little.

If you think people would be interested in this type of service, any ideas on how I'd get started?  Please ask your friends and family for me (since I don't have many blog readers) and let me know what you and they think.

No comments:

Post a Comment